The Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Sunshine Chapter is pleased to announce the 2014 Educational Scholarship Competition. The AUSA Sunshine Chapter will provide up to $5,000 in Educational Scholarship Funds to one or more eligible AUSA Sunshine Chapter members.Download Form
Eligibility – Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member of the AUSA Sunshine Chapter or a legal dependent of an AUSA Sunshine Chapter Member. Apply for AUSA membership at: www.ausa.org/membership/.
- Be enrolled in an accredited, degree producing college or university or be accepted and planning to attend an accredited, degree-producing college or university for the Fall 2014 term.
- Be enrolled in the equivalent of 12 semester hours or 9 quarter hours.
- Undergraduate seniors and graduate students are not eligible.
Application – Applicants must submit the following:
- Application form available at AUSA Scholarship Form
- Resume not exceeding two pages in bullet format describing the applicant’s career goals, involvement in community civic organizations, sports, leadership positions, extracurricular activities, or religious and volunteer organizations. The intent of the resume is to give evaluators a complete representation of the applicant.
- High school or college original transcripts indicating current grade point average.
- Essay describing the applicant’s leadership philosophy not to exceed two pages, double-spaced.
Submission – Submit application material to:
AUSA Sunshine Chapter
Orlando, FL, 32878-0485
A committee comprised of 3-5 evaluators selected by the AUSA Sunshine Chapter President will review scholarship applications using a holistic approach.
While grades are important and form the core of the selection criteria, the selection committee will evaluate other activities to help form a picture of the whole person. The selection committee will use a point system to recommend one or more awards based on the following criteria:
- Grade Point Average 40 points possible
- Resume 30 points possible
- Essay 30 points possible
Applications Due March 31, 2014
Scholarship Award Announced April 30, 2014
For additional information, contact Kevin Dietrick:
Kevin.firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (407) 274-0913